Tunisia-Investment Incentives Code
Encouragement of new Promoters, and Small
* Companies and Small Trades
Article-44 : *
Natural persons of Tunisian nationality, whether or not they are grouped together in companies, are considered as being new promoters if they fulfil the following conditions:
- Have the required experience and qualifications, - Are personally responsible full time for managing the project,
- Do not have sufficient fixed or moveable property of their own,
- Are undertaking their first investment project.
The activities, types of investment and regions which give entitlement to the incentives envisaged are fixed by decree.
Also considered as being new promoters in the sphere of agriculture and fisheries are:
- Children of farmers of fishermen who are aged under 40 and whose main activity is in the sphere of agriculture or fishing,
- Young people aged under 40 whose main activity in the sphere of agriculture or fishing or who have acquired experience in one of those spheres,
- Technicians who hold diplomas from agricultural or fisheries educational or training establishments.
Article-45 : *
New promoters are entitled to the following incentives:
1. An investment grant;
2. A grant for State participation in responsibility for their project's study costs;
The rates and conditions governing the award of these grants are fixed by decree;
3. State responsibility for payment of the employer's contribution to the legal social security system for the salaries paid to Tunisian officers for the first year of actual activity.
Article-46 : *
New promoters who make investments in the spheres of industry, services, agriculture and fisheries are entitled to refundable allowances.
The amounts, conditions and terms governing the award of these grants are fixed by decree;
Article-47 : *
The promoters of small companies and small trades in industry, handicrafts and services are entitled to the following:
1. Refundable allowances;
2. An investment grant. The definition of small companies and their sphere of activity, rates, conditions and the terms governing the award of these incentives are fixed by decree.
Article-48 : *
Investments made in handicrafts give entitlement to exemption from customs duties and taxes with an equivalent effect, suspension of value added tax on imported equipment with no locally-manufactured equivalent and suspension of value added tax on locally manufatured equipment.
The list of equipment and the conditions governing entitlement to this benefit are fixed by decree.